Nowadays, with the advent of technology people love doing various experiments. With the change of time, fashion also changed and at present, there are numerous types of piercings that people love to do and Daith piercing is one of them. Piercings bring an extra factor to your boring or day-to-day look. Find online here more.
Piercing is trending and from tribal customs to modern fashion statements, piercing has made its existence known. There are different types of piercings available and some are highly preferred by people. So, in this post, we are going to discuss all important points related to Daith Piercing. Here we are giving you some Really Cool And Stylish Eyebrow Piercing Ideas. Have a look-
Daith Piercing Ideas With Meaning & Complete Guide
Meaning Of Daith Piercing
Daith Piercing is mainly referred to as doth. It is the perforation that passé all the way through the crus of the helix, which is the deepest cartage fold in the ear. This piercing is quite difficult, so highly experienced piercers particularly considering the position of the piercing frequently perform it.
This type of piercing became popular for the first time when Fakir Musafar showcased it in his Body Play Magazine with other body modifications such as dermal punch and Apadydoe. Hence, since then it is admired by various body transformers as well as piercing lovers. To perform this piercing, Erik Dakota at first discovered the right method. It is done using a particular kind of needle and a specific technique.
Features Of Daith Piercing
Some of the features of this Daith Piercing are as following:
- This type of piercing is performed on the thick of the cartilage in the ear.
- Daith is one of the most complex body piercings you can go for.
- It requires a particularly designed, curved needle in order to make the precise perforation required.
- Daith Piercing recently gained more recognition among migraines sufferers.
- Acupuncturists focus on the daith to help reduce constant migraines or headaches.
- All cartilage sizes are different, so as per the advice of experts one should choose the type of jewellery that is appropriate for them.
- As compared to other piercings, this piercing is more complicated and also takes some weeks to heal properly.
Daith Piercing Pros and Cons
Some Pros and Cons of Daith Piercing are as following:
- Impermanence: Earrings can be better to have a change in your look as compare to tattoos. It’s always fun buying new jewellery and wears it. The impermanence of Daith piercings is one of the advantages to get it done.
- Ease anxiety-related migraines: Some people believe that this type of piercing can help ease anxiety-related migraines as well as other symptoms. This piercing places constant pressure on your vagus nerve that is the longest nerve and extends from the bottom of the brain into the rest of your body.
- Fashionable: Daith Piercings are always in style and give an amazing look.
- Infection: No matter how clean or how sketchy the piercing shop is, there is always a danger equated with needles piercing the skin. Infections can range from redness, scar tissue, tenderness, redness and many more.
- Take time to heal: Daith Piercing many times takes a long time to heal and can be very painful also.
- Price: In many places, this type of piercing can be costly. Depending on the quality of the jewellery you are getting the prices can go higher.
- Limitations: This piercing can put limitations on your present lifestyle such as it makes difficult to use earbuds.
Daith Piercing Pain
Daith Piercing is a time consuming as well as a painful process. In this process, the needle gets through the hard cartilage that is slightly difficult and must be performed by professionals with a lot of care. As compared to the other piercings, which are done on the lobe, this piercing is more painful. This is one of the most painful piercing by people who get regular body modifications. Hence, it’s very essential to know your pain tolerance before you get Daith piercing. Also, take a look at these Monroe Piercing Ultimate Guide With Stylish Jewellery Ideas.
Daith Piercing Healing
On average, this piercing takes about two to three months to heal. Depending on how your body heals, it might take longer. If you follow the aftercare rules properly then it can take 4 to 6 weeks to heal fully and quickly.
Daith Piercing For Anxiety
Using a Daith piercing for treating anxiety is anecdotal. Various studies have concluded that acupuncture is a ‘promising’ cure for panic attacks. If this piercing does work to relieve anxiety symptoms, then it’s most probably because the piercing mechanism is very alike to acupuncture. People can get the piercing on the side of their head where pain related to anxiety tends to cluster. Also, you may try out these Best Jestrum Piercing Ideas. Let’s check out-
Tips To Reduce Daith Piercing Swelling
- Following are the general tips that you must follow for reducing Daith Piercing Swelling:
- You must dip the ear into a sea salt bath or saline solution directly and then pat the area dry using a paper towel.
- Cartilage is more easily damaged than softer skin, so you should take care that you don’t move the daith jewellery until it heals properly.
- To reduce swelling you can also use after piercing spray which you avail from piercing shop.
- After piercing, for some days don’t put the pressure on the jewellery.
- Clean the wound with warm sea salt water two times a day.
Some health conditions, such as depression, migraine, and epilepsy, have been proven to react to vagus nerve stimulation. So Daith piercing can be very effective for people suffering from these problems. But before going for this piercing you must know people how to take care of the piercing.
Thus, choosing the right professional for the procedure of Daith piercing is very essential to make certain that you get the perfect piercing. Hopefully, our article about all the essential information related to Daith piercings will be helpful to you. Moreover, if you are thinking to go for this piercing and have any questions or queries then you can ask in the comment box given below. Here we are present some Hot And Stylish Ashley Piercing Ideas For Her. Check out-