Face painting is very popular amongst the kids, especially on fancy dress completion and birthday parties. Face paint is an ideal way of getting adorned as a particular character. There are various Easy Face Painting Ideas For Kids from which you can choose. Hence, in this post, we are giving you some essential details and precautions about face painting, as well as, 14 different face painting ideas for kids. Here are some beautiful and easy face painting ideas for cheeks. Have a look-
Face Painting Ideas For Kids
Essentials Required For Face Painting
So, if you have decided to do a face painting then you must know what thing you need. Hence, the list of essentials required for face painting is as follows:
- Face paints of different colors which you want to use
- A plastic case for holding your face paints
- Brushes such as small round, medium size, flat and others.
- Facial wipes or wet wipes to clean face before starting a face painting.
- Two handheld mirrors
- Pack of glitters of various colors.
- Spray bottles
- A gallon of clean water
- Antiseptic hand wash and sanitizer
- Hair clips
- Water Atomizer to use with sponges
Precautions To Keep In Mind Before Doing Face Painting
As face painting doesn’t require any special skills, but you should know some basics and tips while doing it. Hence, here we are giving you some important tips and precautions that you must know before starting it.
- Before start painting a face, you must decide which design you are going to paint. A well-opted design will help you in creating a good painting; otherwise, if you will not decide well then the result can be not as per your imagination.
- Always simplify your color palette nicely so that you can use them easily without getting confused.
- Always use excellent quality sponges as well as painting brushes. These help in spreading the color in an even way and don’t harm your skin. Low-quality brushes and sponges can irritate the skin, cause infection or pimples.
- If you don’t want to buy many colors, then you can make various colors by mixing them, for example- you can mix white and red color to make a pink color.
- You must check the consistency of face paint before applying it to the face. You can add some water if the paint is thick as checking the consistency is very essential, else it can make your face painting a bit awkward.
- While painting a face, keep your hairs way by using clips or bands. Also, be careful that the paint doesn’t get into your eyes. If it happens, then wash your eyes immediately with cold water.
- Wash your hands using a hand wash, in case you use your fingers for applying color in the face. You must use safe sparkles or glitters for painting the face. Buy glitters that are .008 microns in size and made of polyester.
Different Face Painting Ideas
Easy butterfly face paint
The butterfly is one of the Easy Face Painting Ideas For Kids. This is one of those Easy Face Painting Ideas in which you can various colors to make painting eye-catching. Apart from using a brush, a sponge can also be used for making dots and mixing colors perfectly. Use black paint around the eyes to highlight them.
Easy tiger face paint
Tiger is a popular face painting ideas for boys. It is very easy to paint and is perfect for fancy dress completion or kids party. To start this face painting, you can start using white paint around the eyes with the help of a sponge. Then use yellow color as a base and finally with the paintbrush draw the stripes around cheeks and forehead.
Easy cat face paint
Easy cat face paint is the next face painting in the list of Easy Face Painting Ideas For Kids. Cats are considered as cute animal and when painted on the face it looks amazing. You can use brown color for the base and by using black color paint you can draw whiskers and other features of a cat. Moreover, add some black color dots to make it more beautiful. Here We Have Some Easy Halloween Face Painting Ideas For Adults. Check them out-
Easy dog face paint
If you are looking for a simple and cute face painting then you can go for a dog face painting. Many kids love dogs and they will surely love this face painting also. There are various color options to paint the dog face. You can use white color also to make it cute and attractive. By using black color highlight its main features such as nose and whiskers.
Easy skeleton face paint
Skeleton is ideal face paint for kids if they are going to a ghost party. But apart from making it scary, you can paint a cute skeleton. You can white and black color paint to create it. Use black color to highlight the eyebrows and white color on the whole face as a base.
Easy unicorn face paint
Unicorn is a unique Face Painting Ideas For Kids. Unicorn is considered as an acute and fantastic animal in terms of its look. Use a light blue color as a base and using white color highlights the area around the eyes. Add some sparkles in cheeks to highlight them more beautifully. As per your choice emphasize eyebrows with black paint.
Easy lion face paint
A face painting of a lion is a good idea. This is easy to paint and doesn’t require many skills. You can start this painting with a brown sponge-applied base. Remember this face painting if for kids so you don’t have to give a scary appearance of a lion. Use black, brown and white color to make it a cute lion.
Easy Spiderman face paint
Spiderman is a famous superhero among kids and is considered as a quick face painting ideas. You will need some basic colors such as blue, red and black and white to paint this. You can apply red color as a base, and then use black and blue color to make lines. Additionally, wear a Spiderman costume to complete the look.
Easy scary face paint
Next in the list of Easy Face Painting Ideas For Kids is a scary face. This idea is perfect for a Halloween party. You can go for various options to get a scary face such as a green monster for boys, witch or weeping nun for girls and a lot more. Use various colors to make it perfect and wear matching costumes also.
Easy clown face paint
If you want a comic character face painting then clown is best. Clowns are comic characters which are very popular amongst the kids. This is one of those Easy Face Painting Ideas which you can try on both girls and boys. You can start by applying a base color and then using other colors of your choice and make a colorful clown face.
Easy cheetah face paint
Are you looking for an easy and influential animal face painting? If yes, then you must go for cheetah face paint. This is very easy to make and once finished you will surely find it amazing. You can start by applying yellow base colors and then painting some other traits of a cheetah such as a nose and whiskers. Furthermore, color lips with red color to make it an ideal cheetah face painting.
Easy dinosaur face paint
At present times, the dinosaur doesn’t exist on earth, but you can bring them back through a face painting. Yes, you can try an easy dinosaur face paint which is perfect for boys and girls. Use green, blue and black color as a base. Then highlight eyes and eyebrows with black color. Additionally, using white color makes teeth outside the lips so that it looks that the dinosaur is ready to bite.
Easy dragon face paint
To get the dragon look you have to apply orange face paint as a base by using a sponge. Then use a thin paintbrush to highlight the areas around the eyes and nose. You must use red lipstick or red color to paint the lips. People highly preferred this face paint idea for boys and it makes them stand out from the rest of the crowd in kid’s party.
Easy princess face paint
This is one of the popular face painting ideas for girls. Parents treated their daughters like a princess, so this face idea is awesome. You can use various colors and some sparkles to have a princess face painting. To complete the overall look of it wear a crown and beautiful white or pink color dress.
No matter, you are looking for face painting ideas for a birthday party, fancy dress competition or others; the mentioned above ideas are very easy to paint. You can try most of these ideas for both boys and girls. With the use of brushes or various sizes and sponge, you can apply the colors with no difficulties. Apart from this, we hope that you surely select the Easy Face Painting Ideas For Kids and let us know about your favorite idea by commenting us in the comment box. Thank You!