Ashley piercing is a type of vertical labret piercing. Technically, it is also known as inverse vertically labret piercing. Generally, it is made on the middle position of the lower lip involving two exit spots. One exit spot is on your lower lip and the other exit spot is inside the mouth. It is a perfect option to create a sexy, hot and fashionable look. Using a shiny barbell you can nicely highlight your lip piercing style. Here we have a complete experience guide of Jestrum Piercing. Check it out-
What is an Ashley Piercing?
Ashley piercing is a type of piercing in which there is one puncture through the middle of the lower lip and its way out through the back of the lip into the mouth. Technically, it is known as converse vertical labret piercing and is highly preferred by girls. This is a sort of labret piercing and the puncture inside the mouth makes a high difference as compare to other lip piercing. As the puncture exists within the mouth, so the viewer will see the only front end of the jewelry and the other part is not visible. Moreover, for this piercing, you can use a labret stud with a dainty charm, ball or gemstone as per your choice.
Pros And Cons Of Ashley Piercing
If you are planning to go for Ashley Piercing then you must some of its advantages and disadvantages, as this piercing is painful also as compare to ear piercing. So, below we are giving you some pros and cons of this piercing:
- Ashley Piercing is like a beauty spot above the lips in middle, that’s why it remains always in style and looks very cute also.
- You can combine this piercing with other types of piercing also such as the nasal septum, Monroe on the upper lip and many more. As per your desire, it can also be combined with double Ashley piercing.
- This piercing is also very popular because it highlights your lips and makes you stand out from the rest of the crowd. If you would put on a glossy and bright lipstick, then it will give you a sexy look.
- Incorrect placement of jewelry in this piercing can affect the natural movement of gum.
- It is a painful process in comparison to other piercings as it goes through the large part of your lip tissue and sometimes takes much time to heal.
- This piercing can cause problems such as swelling, irritation, and problem in chewing food too.
The beginning process of Ashley piercing is the same as other body piercings. It is recommended that pierce master should use sterilized instruments to avoid any type of infection. To get piercing, you must visit a reputable piercing studio where the piercer is highly experienced, especially in this piercing.
So, to start the procedure pierce master will find the correct entry as well as an exit point in your lip and mark it out using a surgical pen. After this, using the clamp lip will be fixed and 14-gauge needle will be used for perforation from outside to inside.
Right after the perforation, small jewelry is inserted. Now, the Ashley piercing is complete and you can ask your piercer for a list of aftercare rules so that the piercing heals fast.
How Much Does Ashley Piercing Cost?
The cost of this piercing mainly depends on which area the piercing studio is located and how many years of experience does piercer has. The price will be higher if the piercer is experienced. Adamantly, the overall cost also depends on the type of jewelry you choose such as gold or silver jewelry will be costly as compared to other metals jewelry.
- Generally, in the United States, it would cost around $40 to $55.
- In the UK it is about £25 to £60.
- In Europe, it would cost around approximately €30 to €55.
How Much Does Ashley Piercing Hurt?
As compared to other types of piercings, this piercing is one of the painful piercing. Its level on a pain scale is 5 out of 10. The spot of the piercing is directly on the lip that contributes to its higher level of pain. During the perforation, as a needle would touch some nerve endings, it would hurt. This piercing is not for those people who have less tolerance to pain. Some people use painkillers such as Ibuprofen to reduce the pain quickly. In addition to this, you must think positive during the procedure of piercing; else you will feel more pain. Also Checkout Monroe Piercing: Ideas With Meaning Ultimate Guide!
Ashley Piercing Healing And After Care
Generally, this piercing takes about 4 months to heal. If proper care is done then the inner area, as well as the outer area will surely heal completely in a maximum of 6 months. You should follow aftercare rules properly to heal it fast. So, some rules to be followed after Ashley Piercing are as follows:
- You can prepare a DIY sea salt mixture to clean the mouth as it will speed up the healing process.
- Avoid swimming in public places as there are some bacteria that can get into the wound and cause infections.
- You should eat cold food such as yogurt, ice cream or put ice in the mouth because it will help in reducing swelling and pain.
- Avoid using lipsticks or lotions to the pierced area for a few months.
- Before touching the piercing area, you must wash your hands using antiseptic hand wash.
- Use soft bristle toothbrush for brushing your teeth and be careful while brushing, so that it does not hurt the piercing area.
- You can also use high-quality aftercare sprays for fast healing of the piercing.
Ashley Piercing Risks
There are various possible risks in body piercing. In Ashley Piercing also there are some risks involved. So, it is recommended that before choosing this piercing you must know about the risks or complications related to it. These are as follows:
- If you are allergic to certain metals, then you should opt for jewelry or labrets of gold or silver. If you will low-quality metal jewelry then it causes infection in your lips and you have to rush to the doctor for its treatment.
- There are also chances of yellow pus production from the piercing due to the infection.
- There can be swelling, gum erosion or tooth scrambling.
- If you will choose a big labret or big piece of jewelry for this piercing then it can widen the skin and leave a scar.
Different Ashley Piercing Ideas
Piercing With Gemstone
By choosing a flat shaped beautiful jewel, you can make a vertical labret piercing of Ashley style. It is a perfect idea for hot Ashley labret piercing. A gorgeous, bright and colorful gemstone also offers an eye-catching look which boosts up your personality.
Piercing With A Captive Bead Ring
You can choose a captive bead ring to get a hot labret piercing look of Ashley piercing. The bright colour of bead will enhance the beauty of your labret piercing idea. You can change the colour of bead according to the colour of your dress to get an attractive and hot lip piercing style of Ashley category.
Piercing With A Straight Barbell
By putting a straight barbell at the middle of your lower lip, you can create a hot look of labret piercing of Ashley style in an easy way. Straight barbells are available in different colours. Usually, straight barbells are made up of stainless steel. You can choose a straight barbell coated with an attractive colour. It will offer you to get an absolutely hot as well as sexy look. Checkout Frenulum Piercing: The Complete Experience Guide With Meaning!
Piercing With A Curved Barbell
A curved barbell can be a perfect choice when you want to create a hot and stylish look of Ashley piercing. Placing a curved barbell at the middle of your lower lip enhances the beauty of your labret piercing idea. A curved barbell is also comfortable as well as easier to wear. The curved barbells are also easily available with various attractive designs.
Piercing With Snake Bites Piercing
Ashley piercing is a suitable option to combine with another type of piercing style. You can select a combination of Ashley lip piercing style with snake bites piercing style to get a hot as well as a stunning look of labret piercing. You choose a spike or a simple stud for the vertical labret piercing. Addition of a snake bites piercing will enhance your lip piercing style within a great way. The snake bites piercing is a very trendy and popular lip piercing idea.
Piercing With A Tiny Beaded Vertical Labret
Tiny beaded vertical labret piercing may be the right option for a hot and simple look of Ashley lip piercing style. You can make an eye-catching look using a bright coloured lipstick. You can choose bright red or pink colour lipsticks according to the colour of your dress.
Piercing With Horseshoe Ring
It is a great idea for making a hot Ashley lip piercing style. It offers a completely new look for you when you are looking for a hot labret piercing idea. It gives a look like a vertical labret piercing without making actual vertical labret piercing. It is one of the trickiest ways to create a unique look of lip piercing style.
Ashley Piercing Images
Finally, you can choose a hot Ashley piercing idea from the above-mentioned ideas to get an appropriate look which you wish to have. By choosing a fashionable as well as the comfortable style of labret piercing, you can develop your look and personality. These ideas will help you to highlight the beauty of your lip and style. Here we have Auricle Piercing: The Complete Experience Guide With Meaning! Have a Look-