Are you the one who is looking for a great substitute to the standard lip piercings? If yes, then you can try Jestrum Lip Piercing. The Jestrum piercing is also known as the vertical medusa piercing and is the best choice for those who are looking for a unique look. Also, check out these Hot And Stylish Ashley Piercing Ideas For Her. Have a look-
A Complete Guide About Jestrum Piercing
What Is Jestrum Piercing?
This piercing is a variation of a trendy Medusa piercing and is a dual perforation of the upper lip. Medusa is done parallel on the philtrum, the dimple on top of the upper lip and under the nose. Jestrum has a very alike placement, but it is done vertically rather than horizontally as in Medusa piercing. This type of piercing has two exit spots. Also, you can take some idea from these Stylish Monroe Piercing Ideas With Jewellery.
- It features a curved barbell that perforates through two parts of the top of the lip.
- This piercing can be seen as perpendicular labret piercing, as the contrary of the more common form, a horizontal labret.
- In this type of piercing both the holes are on the outside of the lip as well as both balls of the jewelry sit outside of the lips.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Jestrum Lip Piercing?
The various Pros and Cons of Jestrum Lip piercing as are as following:
- With Jestrum Lip piercing, you can try out with various kinds of jewelry, as you would have two noticeable exit spots.
- It makes you look cool and stylish and makes you stand out of the crowd.
- If the placement is not done correctly then it can lead to several problems, such as gum problems and tooth erosion.
- It doesn’t match with every lip shape, so before thinking of this piercing done, you should also consider your personality characteristics.
How Much Does It Hurt?
It’s normal to expect pain for some seconds during the early procedure of piercing. Jestrum Piercing is also sometimes painful but it differs from person to person. This means that while one person may find this procedure very painful, another person may find it totally fine and not hurting at all.
You may feel a dull throbbing pain for the first two days, but it will decrease fairly quickly after that.
How Long Does A Jestrum Piercings Take To Heal?
This piercing usually take between 6-12 weeks to totally heal, though for most people it should take approximately 6 weeks as long as proper aftercare and cleaning process has been properly applied. Hence, one should carry on taking good care of piercing right up until that 6-week mark.
Tips to reduce Jestrum Piercings Swelling:
If your piercing becomes swollen, then there are a few things that can be done in an effort for reducing the swelling:
- To the outside of your upper lip apply a cold compress.
- To soothe your inner lip suck a clean ice cube.
- With your new piercing for the first-week drink and eat food slowly.
- Be extra-careful with the piercing and defy the urge to poke the area as this can make the swelling worse and raise the risk of getting an infection.
A curved barbell is the best jewellery used for Jestrum piercing as it makes you look cool. You will find it in various colors and can select as per your choice. Hence, you must go for Jestrum lip piercings but should be careful and follow the above tips to make your piercings pain free. If you have any queries regarding Jestrum lip piercings then you can ask us by commenting in the comment section below. Thank you! Here we present some amazing and Really Cool And Stylish Eyebrow Piercing Ideas. Check out-